Saturday, June 7, 2008

Wikis

I found many of the wikis very interesting. I particularly like the one with library procedures on it- so much easier than accessing Trim . However at my library we would never be able to use it for that purpose- procedures are NOT to be tampered with!

I also liked the book review style of Wiki. I think this would be an invaluable addition to OPACs as a resource for patrons, and for staff. It would be especially helpful when asked for an opinion on a book you aren't familiar with, to be able to refer to someone else's review.

In any workplace a Wiki on a particular topic would be an asset. A wiki would be more efficient than having email discussions about a problem or suggestion. All the material would be in one place and not clogging up your inbox.

No comments: